A Pair Of Lovers
When you kissed my hand
I thought you made a promise
Come what may, we to
Each other would never miss
I could not forget the day
When you stood by window
Waiting for me to wave at you
Till light vanished in the meadow
A wink from your eyes
What I wanted to make my day
I could hear your heart when
‘I love you” you wanted to say
The bud you had thrown
At me when no one was there
I gave it thousand kisses as
I waited for you in morning hour
The leaf with mark of your lips
Is still lying fresh between the pages
Of the book where our names
Were encrypted around the hedges
The birds waited with wet eyes
On the branches of the tree
Under the shade of which we met
And sang and kissed for them to see
Can we go to that time?
Can our love be that deep and fresh?
The sanctity of love is lost in wealth
We are entangled in an unresolved mesh
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Pair Of Lovers by Tiku akp )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...