Almedia Knight Oliver
A Mother's Collection: Tissues, Bones, and Blood (first)
Her First born that seems so long ago:
Peering into my mind
Look at what I see!
Life-form swimming in sap, and
nourished by condemnation and shame...
A little unnamed baby lay quietly in her
Now what to do with this little stranger
with none other to name him but me? I'm in
Desperate need of on the job training!
Days, weeks, and months were my only teachers.
Son, step into the now, a half century
Oh my! How time flies! Oftentimes,
it's when a son becomes a man that a mother
Realizes the many ways he touches her heart.
As a young man you were filled with so many dreams.
But more than that, you had hopes and aspirations, and
Facing them on your own terms, you attained them...son,
you earned them!
On this special day, I want you to know that,
you don't have to earn my love.
My tissues, bones, and blood, I'm
grateful to you for being a wonderful
son, husband, father, and brother.
Sorry! No do-over-for the first one…yet
without my making mistakes,
you may not have made anything.
Happy Birthday, son!
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Collection: Tissues, Bones, and Blood (first) by Almedia Knight Oliver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -56, Ronjoy Brahma
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma