Almedia Knight Oliver
A Mother's Choice
My dear, every journey
Begins with one single step,
then another, they alternate
with each other, and the body
follows close behind.
Setting out on my journey in
joyous life, I came to a fork
in the gravel road.
Looking down one
then the other, choosing the
one with less footprints-
Unconsciously- keeping the
other for another point in time.
…, ..., ...
My darling! we met you along
the way and our blood poured together.
I gave you the one I'd saved for another time.
“Now is the beginning of your own voyage.
Pay close attention on your journey…but enjoy!
And remember...ones choice is the difference.
Almedia S. Knight (ASK)
Jean, my loving sister-in-law
And her daughter-my niece, Von
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Choice by Almedia Knight Oliver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar