Almedia Knight Oliver
A Mother's Choice
My dear, every journey
Begins with one single step,
then another, they alternate
with each other, and the body
follows close behind.
Setting out on my journey in
joyous life, I came to a fork
in the gravel road.
Looking down one
then the other, choosing the
one with less footprints-
Unconsciously- keeping the
other for another point in time.
…, ..., ...
My darling! we met you along
the way and our blood poured together.
I gave you the one I'd saved for another time.
“Now is the beginning of your own voyage.
Pay close attention on your journey…but enjoy!
And remember...ones choice is the difference.
Almedia S. Knight (ASK)
Jean, my loving sister-in-law
And her daughter-my niece, Von
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Choice by Almedia Knight Oliver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(23 January 1930)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Minute Too Fast, Vera Sidhwa
- Dreams Of You, Spiritwind Wood
- Free To Be, Spiritwind Wood
- The One I Wanted For Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Faced with fears of a wide blank canvass, Mark Heathcote
- All Just A Game, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever Black, Spiritwind Wood
- For the Love of Your Life, Sandra Feldman
- Flame Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Inside, Spiritwind Wood