Almedia Knight Oliver
A Mother's Choice
My dear, every journey
Begins with one single step,
then another, they alternate
with each other, and the body
follows close behind.
Setting out on my journey in
joyous life, I came to a fork
in the gravel road.
Looking down one
then the other, choosing the
one with less footprints-
Unconsciously- keeping the
other for another point in time.
…, ..., ...
My darling! we met you along
the way and our blood poured together.
I gave you the one I'd saved for another time.
“Now is the beginning of your own voyage.
Pay close attention on your journey…but enjoy!
And remember...ones choice is the difference.
Almedia S. Knight (ASK)
Jean, my loving sister-in-law
And her daughter-my niece, Von
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Choice by Almedia Knight Oliver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne