Almedia Knight Oliver
A Mother's Choice
My dear, every journey
Begins with one single step,
then another, they alternate
with each other, and the body
follows close behind.
Setting out on my journey in
joyous life, I came to a fork
in the gravel road.
Looking down one
then the other, choosing the
one with less footprints-
Unconsciously- keeping the
other for another point in time.
…, ..., ...
My darling! we met you along
the way and our blood poured together.
I gave you the one I'd saved for another time.
“Now is the beginning of your own voyage.
Pay close attention on your journey…but enjoy!
And remember...ones choice is the difference.
Almedia S. Knight (ASK)
Jean, my loving sister-in-law
And her daughter-my niece, Von
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Choice by Almedia Knight Oliver )
- Frae the friends and land I love, Robert Burns
- The Fête Champêtre, Robert Burns
- From ' Lachrymæ Lachrymarum', Joseph Hall
- Friendship Way, Paul Sebastian
- Psalm VII, Joseph Hall
- Drogman*, Translation of Pierre Emmanuel.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)