Almedia Knight Oliver
A Mother's Choice
My dear, every journey
Begins with one single step,
then another, they alternate
with each other, and the body
follows close behind.
Setting out on my journey in
joyous life, I came to a fork
in the gravel road.
Looking down one
then the other, choosing the
one with less footprints-
Unconsciously- keeping the
other for another point in time.
…, ..., ...
My darling! we met you along
the way and our blood poured together.
I gave you the one I'd saved for another time.
“Now is the beginning of your own voyage.
Pay close attention on your journey…but enjoy!
And remember...ones choice is the difference.
Almedia S. Knight (ASK)
Jean, my loving sister-in-law
And her daughter-my niece, Von
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Choice by Almedia Knight Oliver )
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.25, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)