A Lover's Simple Request
Will you let your hair grow
Though it's trouble I know?
Won't you let your hair grow?
Just for me let it show.
For your hair is a crown
That's admired through the town,
And so soft frames a face
That illumines God's grace.
Let your hair grow and find
How you're branding my mind.
Let your whole beauty start
To embrace more than heart,
In your love I find rest,
In your love I feel blest!
Oh thank God....that you care!
Oh thank God for…. your hair!
Brian Johnston's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Lover's Simple Request by Brian Johnston )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Mechanical Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life on the edge, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Miracle in a Poem, Sandra Feldman
- Angels Come (Haiku), Sambanath Denis
- love for jezebel, ademola oluwabusayo
- Process Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Growing Older, Kyle Schlicher
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray
- pitter patter pong, lee fones
- Slice Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak