A Lonely Cloud.....[Nature Observation; Humor]
I saw a lonely cloud one day.
It looked small beyond the Bay.
I tried to find a second and failed,
even though I looked each way.
Think of it! A single cloud.
It's loneliness spoke to me aloud.
I wonder how it felt up there.
Was it very proud?
A rarity I think it was;
like an active bee with no buzz;
like a single potato chip;
like a peach skin with no fuzz.
Like one firefighter at a fire;
a solitary pigeon on a wire;
a Facebook member with no 'friend';
a single member in a choir.
It's like an Easter basket with one egg;
a basketball star with one leg;
me with just one word to say;
a fraternity party with just one keg.
I guess you've come to realize by now
that when I saw that cloud I thought 'Wow! '.
If I'd been Adam, with Eve at my side,
to that small distant cloud I might bow.
Poet Other Poems
- (Knotty) Conundrum; Naughty Condom (Or...
- (Marriage) Equality..... [see the tit...
- (Money) Laundering...... [White collar?...
- [Humor] Speak To Me, Moon..... [Speaking...
- [Humor]..... Not Sharing MY Food With Th...
- [Jake's] Christmas Eve.....[Exploration;...
- [War] Boy In An Envelope..... [War (Vi...
- 100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] .........
- 123.... Shabu.....[Mystery language fun;...
- 1AAA..... 'Wrong Verification Code'....[...
- 2013..... Happy New Year! ..... [Serious...
- 5 'Religious' Limericks.... [some 2006 t...
- 5th Wedding Anniversary...... [nicknames...
- '6 Foot 3'......[LONG; Scary; Gross; Mur...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('6 Foot 3'......[LONG; Scary; Gross; Murder] by Bri Edwards )
People who read Bri Edwards also read
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley