A letter to...
I would just like to say in my own little way,
how dear you are to me
for it took awhile...to understand the reason of your making,
in the dark of life's embrace
the light within...unshaken.
For all the times you struggled I looked at you in tears
I held your cry, and in my eyes those tears were very real.
for all the times you heard you can't
and I know you heard it plenty!
but how you've grown to seek your goal...
and did it Oh so gently.
In times of doubt and worry between your world and mine.
the right decision promptly made of that you must be proud
In all I love to love you... and treat you to my best
for I have seen within the heart the beat of timely death.
Today a new beginning...to walk the path now shown
to shake the grip of darkness hand
and fill the day with morn,
I will truly always love you and when flesh is cold and torn
my hearts eternal gratitude
for the day that you were born.
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A letter to... by Martina Moriarty )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace