A letter to...
I would just like to say in my own little way,
how dear you are to me
for it took awhile...to understand the reason of your making,
in the dark of life's embrace
the light within...unshaken.
For all the times you struggled I looked at you in tears
I held your cry, and in my eyes those tears were very real.
for all the times you heard you can't
and I know you heard it plenty!
but how you've grown to seek your goal...
and did it Oh so gently.
In times of doubt and worry between your world and mine.
the right decision promptly made of that you must be proud
In all I love to love you... and treat you to my best
for I have seen within the heart the beat of timely death.
Today a new beginning...to walk the path now shown
to shake the grip of darkness hand
and fill the day with morn,
I will truly always love you and when flesh is cold and torn
my hearts eternal gratitude
for the day that you were born.
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A letter to... by Martina Moriarty )
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Elisabeth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before shutting the lid of the coffin….., Ponniah Ganeshan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)