A letter to...
I would just like to say in my own little way,
how dear you are to me
for it took awhile...to understand the reason of your making,
in the dark of life's embrace
the light within...unshaken.
For all the times you struggled I looked at you in tears
I held your cry, and in my eyes those tears were very real.
for all the times you heard you can't
and I know you heard it plenty!
but how you've grown to seek your goal...
and did it Oh so gently.
In times of doubt and worry between your world and mine.
the right decision promptly made of that you must be proud
In all I love to love you... and treat you to my best
for I have seen within the heart the beat of timely death.
Today a new beginning...to walk the path now shown
to shake the grip of darkness hand
and fill the day with morn,
I will truly always love you and when flesh is cold and torn
my hearts eternal gratitude
for the day that you were born.
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A letter to... by Martina Moriarty )
- Had you loved, Superman, All hearts call.., Oziyon LeDawn
- Dark Sea Of Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Poetry Is Where You Find It V, Frank Avon
- Godspeed, Heipeuding Ilunglung
- Different things in life anytime and any.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- History and geography, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Laud The Lord, Donald R Charon
- RELEASED TO LOVE AGAIN, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)