A letter to...
I would just like to say in my own little way,
how dear you are to me
for it took awhile...to understand the reason of your making,
in the dark of life's embrace
the light within...unshaken.
For all the times you struggled I looked at you in tears
I held your cry, and in my eyes those tears were very real.
for all the times you heard you can't
and I know you heard it plenty!
but how you've grown to seek your goal...
and did it Oh so gently.
In times of doubt and worry between your world and mine.
the right decision promptly made of that you must be proud
In all I love to love you... and treat you to my best
for I have seen within the heart the beat of timely death.
Today a new beginning...to walk the path now shown
to shake the grip of darkness hand
and fill the day with morn,
I will truly always love you and when flesh is cold and torn
my hearts eternal gratitude
for the day that you were born.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A letter to... by Martina Moriarty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Who Am I?, Liilia Talts Morrison
- That 'Is' A Nice Car, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bled For Less, A.j. Binash
- Progress of the gospel, Alex Adeoye
- Death is Way Overrated, Francie Lynch
- Pollywog Tom Ridge, Richard Thripp