A lamb in the jungle of men
Girl asked many questions to her mother:
Who has made us;
A lamb in the jungle of men?
And who the men are?
We are your children
'The children from the womb of mother'
Born as man and woman
Half of the world belongs to us
Why have they encroached, our queendom?
Why are we called only a kingdom?
Is it fair mom?
'No it is not fair'
I am your mother.
Your nation is your mother,
Politicians and bureaucrats:
All those criminals raped me,
My pains, your pain and the earth's pain,
Our pain is for devils enjoyment
On this earth, women is also an earth
People robbed both, , mercilessly
What difference -
Man and woman?
There are only two Castes,
Male and Female,
White or black or moderate,
With same geography
Caste, religion and creed,
Existed on the tongue of greed
All the above three are the weed
And nothing else
But who is more harmed? The rapist or the raped,
Rapist harm themselves,
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A lamb in the jungle of men by Aftab Alam )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Poem of the Day
- To Marian Haddad, -A Token Of Friendship., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- When the Colors Change, W.F.D. BLCK
- Mourning attire, Madrason writer
- On My Walmart Chair, Juan Olivarez
- White Beauty in Love with Green Apples, Harindhar Reddy
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang