A Guitar of Light
As though someone has thrown away a dark net
and the town has become a trout in the net;
as though no morning has ever approached here,
the town has submerged in overflowing darkness.
The town is, as it were, the island of a fairy tale.
I wonder who are, like the giants, snatching away
the tip on the forehead of a teen girl,
then devour the bone-marrow in rapture.
I wonder who finally by tearing up the civilization
are eating up its bones and flesh.
Didn't ever a single pir* or saint come
in this darkness here?
If so, you, the poet, take up the charge
and play the guitar of light in the darkness.
* a Muslim religious leader
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Guitar of Light by Sayeed Abubakar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka
- Kur me the te dua, skender iljaz braka
- Can anyone tell?, Somanathan Iyer
- Kujtome nje çast, skender iljaz braka
- Walls Between You And Your Dream, kayanja isaac
- Ku po shkojm! ? ..., skender iljaz braka
- Ku mund ta gjej demonin e arsyes? ....., skender iljaz braka
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady