A Guitar of Light
Someone has, as it were, thrown away a dark net
and the town has become a trout in the net;
no morning, as it were, has ever approached here,
the town has submerged in overflowing darkness.
The town is, as it were, the island of a fairy tale.
I wonder who are, like the giants, snatching away
the ornament on the forehead of a teen girl
and devouring then the bone-marrow in rapture.
I wonder who, by tearing up the civilization,
are eating up finally its bones and flesh.
Hadn't ever a single monk or saint come
amidst this darkness here?
If it's so, you, o poet, take up the charge
and play the guitar of light in the darkness.
[Translation of Bangla poem 'Alor Guitar' taken from the poet's first book 'Pronoyer Prothom Pap' (1996) ]
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Guitar of Light by Sayeed Abubakar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- chemical shed, lee fones
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant