A Guitar of Light
Someone has, as it were, thrown away a dark net
and the town has become a trout in the net;
no morning, as it were, has ever approached here,
the town has submerged in overflowing darkness.
The town is, as it were, the island of a fairy tale.
I wonder who are, like the giants, snatching away
the ornament on the forehead of a teen girl
and devouring then the bone-marrow in rapture.
I wonder who, by tearing up the civilization,
are eating up finally its bones and flesh.
Hadn't ever a single monk or saint come
amidst this darkness here?
If it's so, you, o poet, take up the charge
and play the guitar of light in the darkness.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Guitar of Light by Sayeed Abubakar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Discrimination, gajanan mishra
- Your, Umasree Raghunath
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- Jostled here and there, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Over the seas Over the waves, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reunion, Umasree Raghunath
- Over The Edge Over The Slippery Ledges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- World War One, P.D. Turner
- The Poet-Seer irresistible, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow Fast But sure, Emmanuel George Cefai