A girl with a sword!
He is staring at me..
Keep him away.
Oh! he is so disturbing.....
Throw him away.
Is he singing a love song for me...
I am not the teacher,
To take a stick,
And beat them all,
Whom I think are my students.
I cannot be a soldier,
And take sword,
And keep on hitting.
My entire day will go,
On fighting this way.
I will just find my self like a statue.
Standing with sword,
In one hand,
And who ever comes near me,
Just ready for an attack.
Just imagine the outcome.
Whole life you will stand like a statue with sword in hand.
Because seeing the shining sword, none will dare to come near you,
Even for friendship.
This is not the way.
Heard many comments in teens.
It's Ok, Many were funny too.
But don't react it,
Take it lightly,
This is ok till no vulgarity in it.
There are many thing,
If taken lightly,
It may go smoothly,
Else you take out,
Sandals and hit.
The person may catch your hand too,
Or if you slap,
The others may provoke,
And something worst it may land.
Be cautious, react only when required.
But if you find any seriousness
Elders to be intimated the earlier.
Change the timing,
Walk with friends.
As long as not harmful
This applies to teens infatuations.
Or college days...
Immaturity can do wonders this way too.
React differently according to the different situations.
Take the things seriously if you sense something wrong.
This applies to all walks of life...
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A girl with a sword! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Poem: Quiet Spaces, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Where You Are Planted, Evie Shockley
- We are not in favor of, gajanan mishra
- Afterward, Lawrence Beck
- Fourth's Corner, michael walkerjohn
- O stop, little, lovely rose, Saheb Mohapatra
- Diwali For The Dead, Saheb Mohapatra
- DIWALI (Never have I seen.....), Saheb Mohapatra
- Waiting On The Mayflower, Evie Shockley
- All the time, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)