A girl with a sword!
He is staring at me..
Keep him away.
Oh! he is so disturbing.....
Throw him away.
Is he singing a love song for me...
I am not the teacher,
To take a stick,
And beat them all,
Whom I think are my students.
I cannot be a soldier,
And take sword,
And keep on hitting.
My entire day will go,
On fighting this way.
I will just find my self like a statue.
Standing with sword,
In one hand,
And who ever comes near me,
Just ready for an attack.
Just imagine the outcome.
Whole life you will stand like a statue with sword in hand.
Because seeing the shining sword, none will dare to come near you,
Even for friendship.
This is not the way.
Heard many comments in teens.
It's Ok, Many were funny too.
But don't react it,
Take it lightly,
This is ok till no vulgarity in it.
There are many thing,
If taken lightly,
It may go smoothly,
Else you take out,
Sandals and hit.
The person may catch your hand too,
Or if you slap,
The others may provoke,
And something worst it may land.
Be cautious, react only when required.
But if you find any seriousness
Elders to be intimated the earlier.
Change the timing,
Walk with friends.
As long as not harmful
This applies to teens infatuations.
Or college days...
Immaturity can do wonders this way too.
React differently according to the different situations.
Take the things seriously if you sense something wrong.
This applies to all walks of life...
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A girl with a sword! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)