A Face at My Window
I glance out into the night.
A face stares back, just in sight.
It seems to be resting on the sill,
I stop and look away when I get the chills.
I stand for a while before looking back.
Frost comes creeping in winding tracks.
The face is gone,
but not for long.
I make my way to my bed,
on my way glancing into my mirror.
The face is there.
I had left it behind.
The face looks back.
The face is lined.
The eyes are kind.
She opens her mouth and starts to speak.
'You are me, and I, You.
We are one and the same, but together we make two.
No need to walk alone.
I am but your clone.
I can't touch you, so don't be afraid.
You have a choice.
It can be made.'
I look away once more and crawl into my bed.
I think about the face at my window.
I shouldn't have worried so.
Everything is alright.
I can see it.
It is finally in sight.
Danya Qattea's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Face at My Window by Danya Qattea )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna