A Face at My Window
I glance out into the night.
A face stares back, just in sight.
It seems to be resting on the sill,
I stop and look away when I get the chills.
I stand for a while before looking back.
Frost comes creeping in winding tracks.
The face is gone,
but not for long.
I make my way to my bed,
on my way glancing into my mirror.
The face is there.
I had left it behind.
The face looks back.
The face is lined.
The eyes are kind.
She opens her mouth and starts to speak.
'You are me, and I, You.
We are one and the same, but together we make two.
No need to walk alone.
I am but your clone.
I can't touch you, so don't be afraid.
You have a choice.
It can be made.'
I look away once more and crawl into my bed.
I think about the face at my window.
I shouldn't have worried so.
Everything is alright.
I can see it.
It is finally in sight.
Danya Qattea's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Face at My Window by Danya Qattea )
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- Die Frau des Gastwirts, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)