A.Delvig, Nightingale mine - the romance - translation (rus.)
By Anton Delvig * he was the good friend of A.Pushkin
Nightingale mine, a nightingale.
Where do you fly? Where to do you fly?
Where do you sing your trills all over the night?
Who could hear you, as me,
During all the night,
And without closing eyes?
Who - but poor me!
Oh, my nightingale, do fly
To the distant lands,
Over the azure seas,
To the alien banks!
Let you visit all the sites,
Countries and cities,
And at last, you shall not find
Such a poor creature!
I'm young and have a ring,
Burning a golden gleam,
I'm young and in my heart
I have the image of my love.
In the autumn day on breast
The pearl beads got dim,
In cold winter, in one day
Turned to trash my ring.
And in warm, but gloomy spring
I was left by lover dear...
This is one of the most beautiful romances
about the nightingale...
Music is by Alexandr Alyabyev
http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=0GtYSdBT7jA
http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=Gn6WXfUovWA
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Delvig, Nightingale mine - the romance - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)