A.Delvig, Nightingale mine - the romance - translation (rus.)
By Anton Delvig * he was the good friend of A.Pushkin
Nightingale mine, a nightingale.
Where do you fly? Where to do you fly?
Where do you sing your trills all over the night?
Who could hear you, as me,
During all the night,
And without closing eyes?
Who - but poor me!
Oh, my nightingale, do fly
To the distant lands,
Over the azure seas,
To the alien banks!
Let you visit all the sites,
Countries and cities,
And at last, you shall not find
Such a poor creature!
I'm young and have a ring,
Burning a golden gleam,
I'm young and in my heart
I have the image of my love.
In the autumn day on breast
The pearl beads got dim,
In cold winter, in one day
Turned to trash my ring.
And in warm, but gloomy spring
I was left by lover dear...
This is one of the most beautiful romances
about the nightingale...
Music is by Alexandr Alyabyev
http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=0GtYSdBT7jA
http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=Gn6WXfUovWA
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Delvig, Nightingale mine - the romance - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- Us Of A, Joe Muschaweck
- Don't be primitive, Aftab Alam
- Trophy Mother, Antonio Liao
- Accruing Factions Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
- They danced, Brian Kilpatrick
- Sure to over come, hasmukh amathalal
- Lull Me to Sleep, Valsa George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)