A.Delvig, Nightingale mine - the romance - translation (rus.)
By Anton Delvig * he was the good friend of A.Pushkin
Nightingale mine, a nightingale.
Where do you fly? Where to do you fly?
Where do you sing your trills all over the night?
Who could hear you, as me,
During all the night,
And without closing eyes?
Who - but poor me!
Oh, my nightingale, do fly
To the distant lands,
Over the azure seas,
To the alien banks!
Let you visit all the sites,
Countries and cities,
And at last, you shall not find
Such a poor creature!
I'm young and have a ring,
Burning a golden gleam,
I'm young and in my heart
I have the image of my love.
In the autumn day on breast
The pearl beads got dim,
In cold winter, in one day
Turned to trash my ring.
And in warm, but gloomy spring
I was left by lover dear...
This is one of the most beautiful romances
about the nightingale...
Music is by Alexandr Alyabyev
http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=0GtYSdBT7jA
http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=Gn6WXfUovWA
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Delvig, Nightingale mine - the romance - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
- Selfie Expression, Frank Avon
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.32, Monk E. Biz
- Tiger, Cherie Rogers
- Miracle in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Fading Into Yesterfay, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)