A.Delvig, Nightingale mine - the romance - translation (rus.)
By Anton Delvig * he was the good friend of A.Pushkin
Nightingale mine, a nightingale.
Where do you fly? Where to do you fly?
Where do you sing your trills all over the night?
Who could hear you, as me,
During all the night,
And without closing eyes?
Who - but poor me!
Oh, my nightingale, do fly
To the distant lands,
Over the azure seas,
To the alien banks!
Let you visit all the sites,
Countries and cities,
And at last, you shall not find
Such a poor creature!
I'm young and have a ring,
Burning a golden gleam,
I'm young and in my heart
I have the image of my love.
In the autumn day on breast
The pearl beads got dim,
In cold winter, in one day
Turned to trash my ring.
And in warm, but gloomy spring
I was left by lover dear...
This is one of the most beautiful romances
about the nightingale...
Music is by Alexandr Alyabyev
http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=0GtYSdBT7jA
http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=Gn6WXfUovWA
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Delvig, Nightingale mine - the romance - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)