A Day In City
Wakes up the city
An urgency develops
To beat the crowd.
After a hurried breakfast
Drop children at school
Two wheeler winding
Thro' vehicles on the road.
For a whole multitude
Delays keep occurring
Morning till evening,
Back in order to pick
Children after school
Day's work at the office
Didn't move as planned.
Every day and the next
Monotonous routine at play
Engines idling on with a roar
Nothing in mind of value to score.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Day In City by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- 2 Words, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- OPRAH DOES NOT REGECT JESUS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Writing (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- CORPSE, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Seven Seas, Yohan Confectioner
- The Eternal Moment, Yohan Confectioner
- Drinks, Yohan Confectioner
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)