meggan o reilly
A dark babies home and mother.
I live in a dark house,
One window, divided into 4 small square coffins.
The curtains are black,
Just like the hole my soul sleeps in,
She's used to it there -familiarisation.
The walls laugh at me, yet not a laugh of a sweet child,
But almost the cry of a still born baby; silence in its loudest form.
The coldness of the tiles are hollow and make an echoing sound,
Can I fall down there?
Perhaps'there' lies my escape route.
It could lead me to china,
A baby handed into my arms,
They say the chinese give away their babies,
Mine was taken away from me,
The kettle boils and steam is raised,
It frightens me,
A train containing a horrid mouth and tongue,
Twisted and churned,
The hissing sound disturbs my heart,
Terrified of a kettle, don't be silly.
It is my pain,
Burning through my skin, blisters are raised too.
The eeriness of this house, makes me feel at home,
I like my dark home.
I like where I live.
Darkness I am familiar with.
It is my friend.
meggan o reilly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A dark babies home and mother. by meggan o reilly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Solace in Test, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Coeur d'Alene, Lucas Pate
- With That Time To Find, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Prowling PH Eyes .... [DEMENTIA; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Quick To Finish Mentalities, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Invisible Cage (For Robin Williams), Tori Leftwich
- Advent Of The Eagle's Cry, Captain Cur
- Strange Charisma Of Your Words, Captain Cur
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 11, Aftab Alam
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 10, Aftab Alam