A Cowboy's Good-Bye
The time has come for me to say,
Good-bye to cowboy friends.
Through our trails may be miles apart.
May our friendship never ends.
This gather's going to be my last,
For soon I'm headed South.
When spring brandin' smoke is in the air
I'll shed a tear no doubt.
You all have meant so much to me,
Of my life you're now apart.
Each one of you has got a bunkhouse space
That's deep here in my heart.
Good-bye to you and Oregon
For you see I'm Prineville bound.
No more my pony's feet on rocks
They'll tread a softer ground
And though I'll never ride again.
Up here where the eagles scream
I'll ride forever with each one of you
Through these mountains in my dreams!
Kendra Tyler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Cowboy's Good-Bye by Kendra Tyler )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena