M.D Dinesh Nair
A CAT AND RAT GAME
In the world of many beautiful living beings we like to live
Observing the sky and looking curiously at the rare visitors
A squirrel, a sparrow, a parrot and a dragon fly.
All of a sudden we can see a rat that runs for its life
As a cat is after it chasing without a stopping for a breath and
We call it a game though it is a battle for a life and making a living.
Before our eyes the rat appears to flee for ever
And the cat retreats and settles with a small reptile at times.
We may give a sigh of relief though the poor reptile is gone!
A question has to haunt us often as why we still have a cat
That will one day surely kill these rats plenty
And where shall we hide our minds akin to aliens disfigured?
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CAT AND RAT GAME by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns