A Buggy Ride
It's a beautiful day for a buggy-ride,
Much pleasantness dwells in the country side.
Has your bread cooled enough for dewberry jam?
Wrap some and come, see the beaver's new dam.
The amber-topped valley of which you're so fond,
And the white birch reflections on Shoemaker's Pond.
Though a wanderlust spirit is tuggin' at me,
Without you to share it, no beauty I'd see.
Your apron can wait right here in the kitchen,
Samantha is brushed and she's ready for hitchin'.
I hope you'll accept to sit close by my side,
It's a beautiful day for a buggy-ride!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Buggy Ride by Connie Yost )
- Three Days Before You Left, Mikey Bachman
- Conceptualizing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Different Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Little Abstract, Naveed Khalid
- With a logic, hasmukh amathalal
- Peaceful Sophistication, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Walks By Starlight, Mikey Bachman
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Intuition, Naveed Khalid