A Buggy Ride
It's a beautiful day for a buggy-ride,
Much pleasantness dwells in the country side.
Has your bread cooled enough for dewberry jam?
Wrap some and come, see the beaver's new dam.
The amber-topped valley of which you're so fond,
And the white birch reflections on Shoemaker's Pond.
Though a wanderlust spirit is tuggin' at me,
Without you to share it, no beauty I'd see.
Your apron can wait right here in the kitchen,
Samantha is brushed and she's ready for hitchin'.
I hope you'll accept to sit close by my side,
It's a beautiful day for a buggy-ride!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Buggy Ride by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk