A bud that blossoms late
A bud feels bounden to Nature's wise will,
She has perhaps little of her own cue;
A brigand, dispensing his bitter pill,
Knows little to surrender, nor has he trust due.
God when created man the crest of cream,
He gave him a free will to weigh and will,
Decide; delve in will to chase what's his dream,
O to prove Him right by reaching atop the hill.
In patience He goads him to go there still,
O past many a primitive false start,
For, He prefers in prescribing no pill,
Faith He has plenty in the wisdom of man's heart!
Yet, wit sans wisdom, a baggage of man,
Lets him no good a lump of clay to be,
Poor Him on potter-wheel aught keep His ken—
The whole wide view of what-can-be to see.
As Nature knows little else than to smile,
Man alone thinks he's made to hail all height,
He's strayed so far e'en on a smallish isle;
Perhaps one day he'd prove: God wot what's right!
- Musings | 07.10.10 |
Aniruddha Pathak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A bud that blossoms late by Aniruddha Pathak )
- Over Time, Fatima Nusairat
- Truth is that, gajanan mishra
- FUCHSIA, Aminath Neena
- love is an 8 ball- it is decidedly so, Mandolyn ...
- Rising of a New Day Through Shine, Rohit Sapra
- Sad Cloud, ramesh rai
- I am carnival, Havilah
- Creative Musical Juces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael McParland
- Distance doesn't matter, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)