A bud that blossoms late
A bud feels bounden to Nature's wise will,
She has perhaps little of her own cue;
A brigand, dispensing his bitter pill,
Knows little to surrender, nor has he trust due.
God when created man the crest of cream,
He gave him a free will to weigh and will,
Decide; delve in will to chase what's his dream,
O to prove Him right by reaching atop the hill.
In patience He goads him to go there still,
O past many a primitive false start,
For, He prefers in prescribing no pill,
Faith He has plenty in the wisdom of man's heart!
Yet, wit sans wisdom, a baggage of man,
Lets him no good a lump of clay to be,
Poor Him on potter-wheel aught keep His ken—
The whole wide view of what-can-be to see.
As Nature knows little else than to smile,
Man alone thinks he's made to hail all height,
He's strayed so far e'en on a smallish isle;
Perhaps one day he'd prove: God wot what's right!
- Musings | 07.10.10 |
Aniruddha Pathak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A bud that blossoms late by Aniruddha Pathak )
- Yellow Lake, Kazuko Shiraishi
- IF only I were A Dove!, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- Gust, Kazuko Shiraishi
- Hunger, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My Tokyo, Kazuko Shiraishi
- We fall....TO RISE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Alchemies, Aleda Shirley
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)