A bud that blossoms late
A bud feels bounden to Nature's wise will,
She has perhaps little of her own cue;
A brigand, dispensing his bitter pill,
Knows little to surrender, nor has he trust due.
God when created man the crest of cream,
He gave him a free will to weigh and will,
Decide; delve in will to chase what's his dream,
O to prove Him right by reaching atop the hill.
In patience He goads him to go there still,
O past many a primitive false start,
For, He prefers in prescribing no pill,
Faith He has plenty in the wisdom of man's heart!
Yet, wit sans wisdom, a baggage of man,
Lets him no good a lump of clay to be,
Poor Him on potter-wheel aught keep His ken—
The whole wide view of what-can-be to see.
As Nature knows little else than to smile,
Man alone thinks he's made to hail all height,
He's strayed so far e'en on a smallish isle;
Perhaps one day he'd prove: God wot what's right!
- Musings | 07.10.10 |
Aniruddha Pathak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A bud that blossoms late by Aniruddha Pathak )
- In Search of Hercule Poirot, Deborah Eker
- Modern Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- READ, READ, READ THE BOOK, Michael P. Johnson
- Different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Are you really?, Maxim Pokalyuhin
- The pain and pricks., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The maiden poem...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
- I Miss You., sanjay Pathak
- I am Sorry., sanjay Pathak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1886 - 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)