A BROKEN HEART
I saw my heart as it fell on the floor.
Heavy with sorrow it could hold no more.
I saw my heart as it slowed its beat.
Filled with sadness it lay at my feet.
I heard my heart as it said
'Where is my love?
Where can it be? '
I answered as best as I knew how.
'He's gone away. He broke our vow.'
I saw my heart as it broke in two.
I did not know what I should do.
I must go on so I placed it back
and prayed it would not feel the lack
as much as the rest of me.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BROKEN HEART by Edwina Reizer )
- What Am I?, Curtlan Popo
- When Blue turns to Red, Aftab Alam
- Who Blows The Bubbles?, Curtlan Popo
- Life, Geometry's Whisper, Aeronius D. McCoy
- On Life's Behest,, Aftab Alam
- Holloween Party, Narayana Raghavan
- The Vulture, Curtlan Popo
- Plenty Thirst Century, Curtlan Popo
- A Damp Bathroom Wall Speaks To You, Narayana Raghavan
- Why I'm You, Curtlan Popo
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns