A BROKEN HEART
I saw my heart as it fell on the floor.
Heavy with sorrow it could hold no more.
I saw my heart as it slowed its beat.
Filled with sadness it lay at my feet.
I heard my heart as it said
'Where is my love?
Where can it be? '
I answered as best as I knew how.
'He's gone away. He broke our vow.'
I saw my heart as it broke in two.
I did not know what I should do.
I must go on so I placed it back
and prayed it would not feel the lack
as much as the rest of me.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BROKEN HEART by Edwina Reizer )
- - My Poem To My Lovely Beauty Lady After.., Ali Sabry
- - My beautiful lovely lady-, Ali Sabry
- Ecstasy (A pathetic fallacy), Yohan Confectioner
- - It's Very Impossible To Make Another P.., Ali Sabry
- - My Love Let Me Hear Your Voice-, Ali Sabry
- Adlis, Mohamed Mahou
- Gigh Anamur n UmaDal, Mohamed Mahou
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)