A BALLAD FOR HELEN KELLER
How can I know what I can't see?
It's never been a part of me.
How can I know what I can't hear?
It's never been within my ear.
How can I know what I can't say?
It's never been my way to pray.
For all is darkness where I am.
And all is soundless where I am.
All is speechless like a clam.
But touching is a joy to me,
feeling all that I cannot see.
I feel the sounds my heart does beat.
And tastes on my tongue so sweet.
It's how my world began
until an angel came my way
and helped to lift a ban.
And now it matters not to me
what I can't say or hear or see.
The angel helped me find my way
to face another brand new day
and finally want to live.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BALLAD FOR HELEN KELLER by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Crimes of Mandela, Richard Thripp
- The Rebellion Has Started!, Monk E. Biz
- What Really Matters?, Monk E. Biz
- Abandon Ship! ! !, Monk E. Biz
- Your H0le Is Small~, Monk E. Biz
- One Law To Rule Them All?, Terence G. Craddock
- A Maori Prince Immune From Convictions, Terence G. Craddock
- Step Back!, Monk E. Biz
- Sajak Hening Buat Franky Sahilatua (Indo.., Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry