Amelia, Amelia where did you go?
They’ve searched and searched
but still we don’t know.
Oh the courage to fly in the air
facing the danger, ready to dare
to complete your passion,
much out of fashion
for women of your time.
Amelia you’re still on our mind today,
even though the years have faded away.
Did you land down in the deep
or in the jungle
where you went to sleep?
Yours is another unsolved mystery
in life’s unpredictable history.
You had the desire to take to the sky
and doing what you loved
the fate to die.
And now the Capitalists sell your luggage
for travelers and fliers to buy.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amelia Earhart by Edwina Reizer )
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart