What Is Family?
A family is love
That puts itself above
Everything else in this world.
A family is trust
That's fair and just
In its treatment of each other.
A family is pride
And will never hide
Its feelings for one another.
A family is dear
And won't disappear
When things are getting tough.
A family is hope
That learns to cope
With all that comes their way.
A family is sound
With their feet on the ground
On every brand new day.
A family is kind
And will always find
The time to be together.
A family is wise
And treasures its ties
For always and forever.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Family? by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Biyw, Swrji Basumatary
- A righteous path is a bumpy road…, Mark Heathcote
- No Podemos Respirar, Hebert Logerie
- Say at least, gajanan mishra
- Thou breeze, thou sing., ramesh rai
- Love's Secret, Luo Zhihai
- A Little Boy Lost, Luo Zhihai
- Invisible people, Lubinda Lubinda
- Eternity, Tushar Ray
- It, Gilbert Ortega