What Is Family?
A family is love
That puts itself above
Everything else in this world.
A family is trust
That's fair and just
In its treatment of each other.
A family is pride
And will never hide
Its feelings for one another.
A family is dear
And won't disappear
When things are getting tough.
A family is hope
That learns to cope
With all that comes their way.
A family is sound
With their feet on the ground
On every brand new day.
A family is kind
And will always find
The time to be together.
A family is wise
And treasures its ties
For always and forever.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Family? by Edwina Reizer )
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Way To Balance In Life, Margaret Moran
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mind's Highway, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)