A BOY OR A MAN?
When does a boy become a man?
Only when he understands
that who he is has never changed.
His priorities are just rearranged.
He still likes to play
but he works all day.
He looks at girls
but in a different way.
When he fears for his life
he learns how to pray.
When he combs his hair
he sees some gray.
When he debates, then listens
then has his say.
When flirtaceous circumstances
won't lead him astray.
When he's not ashamed to cry
or ashamed to say
Then what we have is a boy that's a man.
The boy's still there, but man does what he can
to restrain him.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BOY OR A MAN? by Edwina Reizer )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland