A Change in Thinking
I'm alive and finally clear
About the reason I am here.
It was something that I longed for through the years.
Many times I wondered why
That at night sometimes I'd cry.
It was cleansing out my body through my tears.
I was happy with my life
As a mother and a wife.
But, still was living with the same old fears.
I knew something was missing.
My brain kept on insisting
To change my perception of how the world appears.
And then I started healing
And changed how I was feeling.
It opened all the doors to new frontiers.
I'm feeling so at peace now
In finding out that somehow
That tolerance for all is what endears.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Change in Thinking by Edwina Reizer )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mother the First and Best teacher of my .., Antonio Liao
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou