A.Blok, To Anna Akhmatova - Translation (Rus.)
To Anna Akhmatova
By Alexander Blok
'And the beauty is terrible' - You'd be told to, -
Then You'll put on lazily
On your shoulders the spain shawl,
And a scarlet rose - in hair.
'And the beauty is simple' -
You'd be told to, -
With a motley shawl You'll lubberly
Cover a child,
And a rose - on the floor.
But, absentmindedly harking
To all words, heard around,
You'll sink to a reverie,
And rehearsing inside You:
'I'm not awful, nor simple;
I'm not terrible to kill down
Easily; I'm not so simple
To learn, that the life is frightening'.
16 december 1913
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, To Anna Akhmatova - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- To My Juliet, Where The Chains Of Love a.., Captain Cur
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello