26. Tagore's 'Gitanjali'
Few days ago, at a lonely midnight,
I was sucking the aesthetic pleasure of Tagore's 'Gitanjali'.
Suddenly I felt your presence in front of me.
You were calling me by shaking your hands.
My heart bagan to dance with joy.
The two hearts whispered for a moment,
As if they were bosom friends to each other
Since the beginning of the beginning.
Then I departed with you to an unknown sea beach
Where gentle breeze was blowing
In the full moon.
The moon and the sea were busy in love making.
The sea became restless with the kissing of the moon.
But we defeated them in love making.
None but them saw what we were doing there.
Our hearts became a lyre.
With the gentle touch of sweet breeze,
A syrupy music was created out of the lyre.
We lost ourselves in the Paradise for that moment
And enjoyed the ecstasy of Divine Love
That is eternal and perpetual
And that has no beginning and no ending.
Suddenly I heard my mother's voice -
'Even at midnight are you studying? '
I brought back myself with the voice
And saw Tagore's 'Gitanjali' lying before me.
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (26. Tagore's 'Gitanjali' by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
- Feral Mother, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 43: When most I wink, then do min.., William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)