Praveen Kumar In Shobha Priya
Hail the friends of kohima land
Hail the lights of Mangalore,
Twinkling ‘neath tall, green palms,
Swept by rains and ocean breezes;
As the bower of bosoms sound
In happy chorus,
‘Come, welcome to
Our revered friends;
The mutual slogan
The warm friendship expanded,
The scent of musk spread afar;
Undreamed dreamt and
Unhappened happened and
Is this not the real creation?
Is this not the new invention?
Eureka, Aloysians exclaimed
With Kohima friendship in their hearts
As unity in diversity
Surfaces in sons of the land.
A bridge is built
In human kind,
A ship is built
To Nagaland: Friendship!
Several minute space ships
In lunar and martian orbits
Lost in wastage, yet
The friendship is everlasting ship ‘Jyothi’
To our friends of Kohima the finest future;
The present meet ‘is the god’s gift,
Fair bud to end blossom as fragrant.
Praveen Kumar In Shobha Priya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (238. FRIENDSHIP by Praveen Kumar In Shobha Priya )
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath