New Year has come, two-thousand-six,
it desperately needs a fix.
The biggest known deficiency
is what we call omega-three.
And further should it be our mission
to guillotine each politician.
Dismantle Medicine as such
since it has lost the human touch.
Dump all the pills into the sea
to spare us so much misery.
And as to humans, there is need
to bring back decency, indeed.
And teach the kids integrity
and that no riches make us free.
Struth! So much more is still required
just thinking of it makes me tired.
Though I shall give this stuff the nod
will it come true? Please ask your God.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2006 by Herbert Nehrlich )
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell