New Year has come, two-thousand-six,
it desperately needs a fix.
The biggest known deficiency
is what we call omega-three.
And further should it be our mission
to guillotine each politician.
Dismantle Medicine as such
since it has lost the human touch.
Dump all the pills into the sea
to spare us so much misery.
And as to humans, there is need
to bring back decency, indeed.
And teach the kids integrity
and that no riches make us free.
Struth! So much more is still required
just thinking of it makes me tired.
Though I shall give this stuff the nod
will it come true? Please ask your God.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2006 by Herbert Nehrlich )
- The corner that cuts you, Lev Brekhman
- Images, Lev Brekhman
- The internet, Lev Brekhman
- Blue hell, Lev Brekhman
- Nec plus ultra, Lev Brekhman
- The day, Lev Brekhman
- From darkness to darkness, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Yellow, Lev Brekhman
- On the beach, Lev Brekhman
- After the apocalypse, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)