Ernestine Northover Poems
- Hold You In My Smile Sweet moment, stay with me, and pray ...
- Anywhere You Choose With this heart I'll meet you, With ...
- A Day In The Life Of - Me! I wake up in the morning and pull...
- Can You Not See Can you not see the sorrow, in someone's ...
- A Gentle Voice Speak not, to me, of mundane things, The ...
- A Distant View A distant view Can beckon you To dream of ...
- A Heavenly Thought I had a thought, that if I got to ...
In my working life I was a Floral Artist, creating floral arrangements for births, weddings and funerals. A demanding but very satisfying career. I have had two commissions to create floral bouquets for Queen Elizabeth II, which was a great honour.
I have two children a boy and a girl, and two grandchildren, a girl and a boy - 7 yrs and 5 yrs. I paint in oils, watercolours and pastels and sketching/drawing. Have studied the Japanese language, created tapestries. I love books mostly historical - fact or fiction. Music, (Classical, Traditional Jazz, Musicals and anything relaxing. I love photography, as my daughter is a portrait photographer, and she has sparked my interest. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Hold You In My Smile
Sweet moment, stay with me,
and pray do not flee so soon,
Let me enjoy the bliss of that
first kiss beneath the moon.
I wish to cradle this feeling,
that has only just been found,
A feeling that has unexpectedly
turned my world around.
Do not depart, Oh please remain
within my heart awhile,
So that I can savour you once more,
and hold you in my smile.