2009 Happy Birthday Jerry Hughes!
Jerry Hughes is making merry,
folks as far as Londonderry
send him wishes, sometimes darts,
he may upset applecarts
up to snuff in his cognition
quick to beat the competition
keeping though a civil tongue
once he sees the bastards hung.
Friends like Jerry come in stages
ask a poet as he ages
whether he'd accept a freak,
he will help the frail, the meek
but he has no time for losers,
druggies, poofters, thieves and boozers.
I am proud to call him Mate
sent the combo for my gate.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2009 Happy Birthday Jerry Hughes! by Herbert Nehrlich )
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- .....? ...? ..... Traveling To Meet A Mi.., Is It Poetry
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)