Jessel Jane Tevar
1 John 2: 8
At the back of her mind...was a man.
Somewhere in the roads she walked before.
Those dark roads of her life-
she paused and turned back.
There was no one there...
darkness covered the path.
Is his shadows hiding over the face of the night?
Or perhaps he was gone as was the light;
I wonder...how she must have felt
that the man she lived for
is now a memory she doesn't want to remember.
Had she wept? I know not.
Perhaps... or perhaps not.
For when I saw her stepping out of darkness,
I saw the smile in her eyes.
I'm certain it was joy that was written on her face
thinking she will never walk those roads again.
I looked away from her brown eyes and said to myself:
I'll never walk those roads again...
The darkness is past, the true light now shineth
and the past is gone.
At the back of my mind there is this MAN -
and I know Him.
I'll walk the roads He walked
for I know in them I'll find my way back home.
Jessel Jane Tevar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1 John 2: 8 by Jessel Jane Tevar )
- DALYA IN RAVENSBURG 74, Terry Collett
- Tomar Hansi Tomar Kanna, ramesh rai
- But peace, hasmukh amathalal
- Rah! rRah! Siss-boom-bah!, Frank Avon
- Same enthusiasm, hasmukh amathalal
- NOT / Heart-related, Alan Hickman
- Boy last, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Heather Burns