Jessel Jane Tevar
1 John 2: 8
At the back of her mind...was a man.
Somewhere in the roads she walked before.
Those dark roads of her life-
she paused and turned back.
There was no one there...
darkness covered the path.
Is his shadows hiding over the face of the night?
Or perhaps he was gone as was the light;
I wonder...how she must have felt
that the man she lived for
is now a memory she doesn't want to remember.
Had she wept? I know not.
Perhaps... or perhaps not.
For when I saw her stepping out of darkness,
I saw the smile in her eyes.
I'm certain it was joy that was written on her face
thinking she will never walk those roads again.
I looked away from her brown eyes and said to myself:
I'll never walk those roads again...
The darkness is past, the true light now shineth
and the past is gone.
At the back of my mind there is this MAN -
and I know Him.
I'll walk the roads He walked
for I know in them I'll find my way back home.
Jessel Jane Tevar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1 John 2: 8 by Jessel Jane Tevar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Mark Strand
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Bipolar, Michael P. McParland
- An Interior Waltz, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Better, Michael P. McParland
- Believe It Or Not, Michael P. McParland
- Bedtime Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- PH: Echo: Bifurcated Brian, Brian Johnston
- Another Soul, Ronald Chapman
- Bed Time My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Bed Time 2, Michael P. McParland
- Bed Time, Michael P. McParland