Jessel Jane Tevar
1 John 2: 8
At the back of her mind...was a man.
Somewhere in the roads she walked before.
Those dark roads of her life-
she paused and turned back.
There was no one there...
darkness covered the path.
Is his shadows hiding over the face of the night?
Or perhaps he was gone as was the light;
I wonder...how she must have felt
that the man she lived for
is now a memory she doesn't want to remember.
Had she wept? I know not.
Perhaps... or perhaps not.
For when I saw her stepping out of darkness,
I saw the smile in her eyes.
I'm certain it was joy that was written on her face
thinking she will never walk those roads again.
I looked away from her brown eyes and said to myself:
I'll never walk those roads again...
The darkness is past, the true light now shineth
and the past is gone.
At the back of my mind there is this MAN -
and I know Him.
I'll walk the roads He walked
for I know in them I'll find my way back home.
Jessel Jane Tevar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1 John 2: 8 by Jessel Jane Tevar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- *Sigh*, Michael McParland
- Mouna Vrata - The Vow of Silence., Hardik Vaidya
- Handle, Aparna Chatterjee
- Dorothy Slept In The Emerald Eye Of Cycl.., mary douglas
- Panjhae pakhi, gajanan mishra
- The Shola king who owns the country snat.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Patra, gajanan mishra
- Select to Reject, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- mo jibana bipadare, gajanan mishra
- Intent and Endowment, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan