Jose Marti Poems
- I Have A White Rose To Tend (V...
- ¡oh, Margarita! Una cita a la sombra de tu oscuro Portal ...
- ¡dolor! ¡dolor! Eterna Vida Mí... ¡Dolor! ¡Dolor! eterna vida ...
- I Dream Awake (From Ismaelillo... Day and night I always dream...
- A Mi Alma Llegada la hora del trabajo ¡Ea, jamelgo! De los...
- I Wish To Leave The World I wish to leave the world By its ...
- Qué Importa Que Tu Puñal...? ...
José Julián Martí Pérez (January 28, 1853 – May 19, 1895) was a Cuban national hero and an important figure in Latin American literature. In his short life he was a poet, an essayist, a journalist, a revolutionary philosopher, a translator, a professor, a publisher, and a political theorist. Through his writings and political activity, he became a symbol for Cuba's bid for independence against ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jose Marti
I Have A White Rose To Tend (Verse Xxxix)
I have a white rose to tend
In July as in January;
I give it to the true friend
Who offers his frank hand to me.
And for the cruel one whose blows
Break the heart by which I live,
Thistle nor thorn do I give:
For him, too, I have a white rose.
CULTIVO UNA ROSA BLANCA... (Verso XXXIX)
Cultivo una rosa blanca,
En julio como en enero,
Para el amigo sincero
Que me da su mano franca.
Y para el cruel que me arranca
El corazón con que vivo,
Cardo ni oruga cultivo:
Cultivo la rosa blanca.