Irene ClarkHogg Poems
- Nine Ages Of Woman Some say that three score years and ...
- Concerning The Psychological I...
- Ashes To the North, near the far horizon, Where the wild ...
- Candlelight The candle burns, a steady flame that smoothes ...
- Faded Rose A fragile young rose is a flower of great beauty, ...
- Selfishness Is it selfish to cling to those who have gone? ...
- Art Of Poetry.......The Many teachers are destroying ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Irene ClarkHogg
Nine Ages Of Woman
Some say that three score years and ten
Count the life time of a man;
But I can beat him, I’m a woman.
I’ll reach one hundred if I can.
First I was an infant,
Screaming defiance from my bed,
Then my childhood, age of innocence,
Exploring life wherever it lead.
Throughout my youth I danced and sang
For music was my life,
But I gave up my freedom
When I became a wife.
Motherhood, a lifetime commitment,
I adored my beautiful boys.
At forty I threw out the tyrant,
And began playing with new toys.
I had lovers, not very ...