The candle burns, a steady flame
that smoothes the lines and folds of time,
and brings out from the past a youth.
The candle shines, a gentle light
that soothes the scars of careworn hands,
revealing character and the truth.
The candle glows, a kindly light
erasing shadows of sin and sorrow,
showing her the hidden prize.
The candle gleams, revealing a promise
a glimpse of tomorrows, lips and laughter;
reflecting the love-light in his eyes.
Irene ClarkHogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candlelight by Irene ClarkHogg )
- Harvest Moon, Naveed Khalid
- Autumn, Naveed Khalid
- The Heart Of Man, Tony Adah
- A Study, Naveed Khalid
- Maturity, Far Lapenna
- Surrender, Suresh Dogra
- ' [ Why I Still Love You ] ', Ency Bearis
- Choices for the time being, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Who can be blamed?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Hawaii, Dress Appropriately, Margaret Alice Second