To the North, near the far horizon,
Where the wild moor meets the sky,
There is a gateway into Heaven,
We can see it if we try.
With love to enhance our vision,
We can glimpse the gleaming gold,
Where the then and now walk hand in hand,
And the future can unfold.
We will scatter his ashes on the winds
Who will carry our loved one there:
To the arms of those who went before
And wait now to give him care.
He can rest and heal, then live again,
Though part of his spirit will always stay
In the hearts of those who love him
Until we meet again one day.
Irene ClarkHogg's Other Poems
Topic(s): Lost love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ashes by Irene ClarkHogg )
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam