Concerning the Psychological Impact of Love
Intellectuals still attempt to define
The thing called love, and underline
Each aspect in its little box.
They squirm within their PhD,
Or doctorate in chemistry,
And claim that their philosophy,
The secrets of the truth unlocks.
We must use reason, they insist,
While creating rules into a list,
To demonstrate they have control.
Though love affects us all some way,
The mind always rules the body, they say.
So we must explain the parts they play,
And intellect must have a role.
But poets have known since time began,
The secrets of the love in man,
And why geniuses are turned to fools.
Why in age or youth libido rumbles,
Why the maiden’s virtue quickly tumbles.
So, the heart rules, the mind then grumbles,
Because there simply are no rules.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Concerning the Psychological Impact of Love by Irene ClarkHogg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka
- Decoy, Aftab Alam
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj