Andrew David Dalby
Andrew David Dalby Poems
- Carpe Viam Carpe Diem Come on! seize that hard fought road! ...
- The Eye Of Zeus He stares: Swirling, Unfurling, ...
- Autumn Reflections This season is full of secret hints: of ...
- The Vamps Song The Vamp's song. Darling, let's detonate ...
- Her Eyes Reflect Such Subtle B... I Her eyes reflect such ...
- Serpentine I sense her as she gently slips between the ...
- Her Delicate Kiss As I slowly lift my head to face the sky, ...
I am a happily married 46 year old father of four: the son of a father who is a retired police officer and a mother who worked as a shop manager. I grew up in a very politically active household, where the ideals of socialism were passionately discussed; this has effected my view of the world considerably, and does have an impact upon my work.
I began writing poetry in my early twenties, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Andrew David Dalby
Carpe Viam Carpe Diem
Come on! seize that hard fought road!
That steady stained and chiselled path,
Scratched out from our chalk filled thoughts
Which touches on our naked dreams.
For it is the here, and that ever now
That desperately pleads to be run upon.
So Let us run!
Run with all our bloody heart's desire
and all our open worth;
Before times iron scythe slips
and casts its cold lot against us.
For the day is not as young,
with an ever eager pumping breast,
It tends to wander without rest.
Come on! let us seize this day!
For destiny is on the horizon, ...