Andrew David Dalby
This season is full of secret hints: of mustard spiced tints,
Which wrestle between the steps of rusted slow-dancing.
It is a secret, sacred space, where the night fingers of crows,
Stretch out in slowly expanding, ever circling swirling curls;
-Their murderous chatter, so lively and so violently explodes-
Upon this: the finite and ever dwindling fingers of the dusk.
Here, I'm tripping, while blood is slowly dripping, from heavily
Veined trees, whose pulsing green, of a laced summer scene,
Is now near almost lost to a fragile -near forgotten- dream…
So, I'm given to an earth that's rich, moist and very welcoming;
While the wailing cast's violent shudders against a steel grey rain,
That mocks… in blistering cuts, and chisels against the grain.
It's from these tossed -near green- tormented bitter scenes,
That so savagely builds a heavy salted stain upon the whipped air;
I almost hear screamed out from a cavernous mouth: - beware…
To note, that despite numb hands, tightly shut from each other,
How a single rose…slight… fleshy, pink and brightly new born;
Simply shines, in crystal clarity…forever against the storm.
Life is special.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Reflections by Andrew David Dalby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak