Andrew David Dalby
A psalm of love
Love is more than a collection of random words…
Love is more than a mirrored reflection of emotion...
Love, charged directly at the heart, changes lives;
That, when touched by Love, are made new...whole... entire.
Love shimmer's with delicate tender kisses.
Love glows, with the pumping of a knight's desire.
All who are touched by love are tuned to light.
For Love's iridescent glory is like a warm rapturous musk.
Enrapt and so entwined, are those who know the reality of love.
For they chime, in moist excitement.
and move in a slow purpousful dance of beautiful synchronicity.
with tenderness, they stroke, stoke and enrich each other.
In the near silent breeze, caught by the shade of a butterfly's wing,
Shines forth Love's eternal kiss.
And so Love stands strong, with a smile of total triumph;
That then frees the chains of we the lost, the poor and broken hearted;
To become... so much more...than we dare think ourselves to be.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A psalm of love by Andrew David Dalby )
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just a Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)