Andrew David Dalby
Her Eyes Reflect Such Subtle Beauty
Her eyes reflect such subtle beauty,
As in a vast and cloudless star filled sky;
While her luscious hair, weak curled, is rolling
About her glistening, radiant, pearl blue eyes.
Everything about her is so gloriously golden!
It rests so strong, within her very form:
While I, a mortal, turn with awe and wonder,
To watch her rise, then, so gently, glide along.
One moonlit ray the more, one shade the less
As my soul, impaired is so in need of grace.
But stone silver hints here now expressed
Sting so darkly from an aged dwelling place;
Where mocking calls, from silk raven winged
Beasts laugh with cheerless want amid her caress:
As my thoughts –unheeded- here fool a tender trace,
To mark those walls with words that I dare confess.
And on her soft cheek and over her brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
Rests a smile that wins in tints of sheer relief
Which gloriously sing a song of time well spent
With a mind at peace with all beneath,
And a heart whose love rests innocent,
Free from the chains of loves bequeath,
And thus fired up by her pure soul infinite.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Her Eyes Reflect Such Subtle Beauty by Andrew David Dalby )
- In Egoless Silence We Bore..., Mr. Nobody
- Pleasure Of Desire, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is all true, gajanan mishra
- Poet Persona and YOU, which is which?, Mr. Nobody
- Saturated, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I would never hurt you, The Princess is
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
- Glow worm, Mark Heathcote
- FOOT STEPS, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Highest Human Virtue Surprisingly Is.., Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow