Andrew David Dalby
Her Eyes Reflect Such Subtle Beauty
Her eyes reflect such subtle beauty,
As in a vast and cloudless star filled sky;
While her luscious hair, weak curled, is rolling
About her glistening, radiant, pearl blue eyes.
Everything about her is so gloriously golden!
It rests so strong, within her very form:
While I, a mortal, turn with awe and wonder,
To watch her rise, then, so gently, glide along.
One moonlit ray the more, one shade the less
As my soul, impaired is so in need of grace.
But stone silver hints here now expressed
Sting so darkly from an aged dwelling place;
Where mocking calls, from silk raven winged
Beasts laugh with cheerless want amid her caress:
As my thoughts –unheeded- here fool a tender trace,
To mark those walls with words that I dare confess.
And on her soft cheek and over her brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
Rests a smile that wins in tints of sheer relief
Which gloriously sing a song of time well spent
With a mind at peace with all beneath,
And a heart whose love rests innocent,
Free from the chains of loves bequeath,
And thus fired up by her pure soul infinite.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Her Eyes Reflect Such Subtle Beauty by Andrew David Dalby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Portrait of Life (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Anxiety, Aydia Thompson
- Words (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Rocking chair, Emmanuel chibuike
- Riverside (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Demure (Ottava Rima Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Poetry liberated me, Ananta Madhavan
- Giver of The Pen (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Kites Still Fly (Ottava Rima Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Temporal Millenial (Ottava Rima poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello