Andrew David Dalby
giddy wonder from a near slumber
I recall with such vivid giddy wonder,
The way she so loved to gently play.
And how she slowly stroked my soul,
With her tender misdirected sway.
Yet she left me with a hint of rose,
That whispered to my aching heart;
And through her open gooseberry eyes;
I felt our worlds slide… then slowly fall apart.
I recall the azure crystal constant sky…
It was hinted with a whispered kiss;
That melted milk like upon the horizon,
Close upon those long legged Grecian cliffs.
Lashed they were… cut quick… near stiff…
Plunged with a sweated rusty ochre sword;
Yet… seemed to me to breathe so deeply;
As she touched my heart upon the salted shore.
I recall how we faced each other silently;
Amid this dreamy cream filled atmosphere.
I felt we were separate, yet linked together;
Entwined, within a delicate crystal sphere.
And like a desert -dry curled- snake like soul;
Forever intertwined upon this ancient land.
Oh I yearned to burst with words not spoken;
Yet fear of those daemon furies frothing,
Nearly kept me, from her very gentle hand.
But as our tender lips… damp and plump,
Full of vibrant deep ruddy needy longing;
Almost touched and longed to linger still,
There reached full chorus of morning song;
I felt my soul was torn from of light and night
And bodily thrown from this radiant place,
Then awake and so tragically dourly return;
To the sad mad bad cracked world of the day.
-(c) - ADD 2013
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (giddy wonder from a near slumber by Andrew David Dalby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Finger's Moving - A.S.L - Fresh cut dais.., sEaN nOrTh
- COPLA 70 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake a Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar