Andrew David Dalby
The moon is on the rise
O secret sacred silver world
you divinely shine here whole
and in this now pure growing light
In the hints of such subtle night
I sense your sensual sweet delight
That here so wondrously wraps
Around and about about this weary soul.
And with heaving hearts of feverous fire
With burning eyes of pure desire
Within this beautiful twilight squall
I hear the beast here within me call
As your sensual spirit here now so spills
Amid these oh so secret hinted thrills
Like dusted diamonds upon this crystal shore.
Here! Now! within your tender refuge
I sense the growth of powerful centrifuge
So with the surge of growth of life
I Bellow out: Yes the Moon is on the rise!
Thus capturing this moving moment refined.
yes wrestling with you here, is so sublime.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The moon is on the rise by Andrew David Dalby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable