Andrew David Dalby
The moon is on the rise
O secret sacred silver world
you divinely shine here whole
and in this now pure growing light
In the hints of such subtle night
I sense your sensual sweet delight
That here so wondrously wraps
Around and about about this weary soul.
And with heaving hearts of feverous fire
With burning eyes of pure desire
Within this beautiful twilight squall
I hear the beast here within me call
As your sensual spirit here now so spills
Amid these oh so secret hinted thrills
Like dusted diamonds upon this crystal shore.
Here! Now! within your tender refuge
I sense the growth of powerful centrifuge
So with the surge of growth of life
I Bellow out: Yes the Moon is on the rise!
Thus capturing this moving moment refined.
yes wrestling with you here, is so sublime.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The moon is on the rise by Andrew David Dalby )
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)