Soren Valentine Poems
- October's Red Leaf This little leaf I hold in my hand, for ...
- Autumn's Grief A tree once golden now dies, her bones now ...
- Light Show Over The Lake; Part... Above the earth, below the ...
- An Old Tree An old tree stands by the edge of a cliff, ...
- Is This Regret? I try to put it out, but it rises like the ...
- Double-Edged Sword You are my comfort, yet you are killing ...
- Artlessly Deceptive O fire-tongued faery, serene and mute, ...
I have written poetry for as long as I can remember. At first, poetry was just a hobby I suppose.It lacked real meaning to me until about five or six years ago. As one transitions from the innocent years of childhood to the anxiety-filled teenage years (and beyond) , I've found that one really needs an outlet, a way to express one's emotions. For me, poetry (as I often say) is therapeutic. It ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
October's Red Leaf
This little leaf I hold in my hand,
for fear it should escape into the air
and take my joy, my memories and
leaving me greying in despair.
Upon Its crown it burns red and quaint,
like a painted star it is bright,
until it blackens with sadness faint,
and leaves its colours with nostalgic night.
'Tis a tree, a Covert of mine,
so it becomes a begetter of joy,
for it rewinds me to when I'd shine,
But now I'm lost; betwixt a man and a boy.