O fire-tongued faery, serene and mute,
how your elements have consumèd my heart,
leading me, bending me without dispute;
with thine evil yet comely art!
Sith we met for the evening pealing,
my spirit is vexed, yet this you ken,
because you've caused this damned fool's feeling,
Betrayed; is this the fate of all men?
I watch for her, alert and shy,
lest favourably I fall to her insipid love,
At length I wish I would die!
or otherwise fly to the serene above.
Inveigled into a love poignant and languished,
for ever yearning to see her aetherial wings,
to relish in her grandeur; a freedom relinquished,
enthralled for whilst voiceless she sings.
In fealty I lived to this queen and her demesne,
in reward I would hear her quire,
but under her spell I no longer remain,
maugre her being my heart's Desire.
Soren Valentine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Artlessly Deceptive by Soren Valentine )
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
- The truth is, Brian Kilpatrick
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
- Walls, arshad arshad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)