O fire-tongued faery, serene and mute,
how your elements have consumèd my heart,
leading me, bending me without dispute;
with thine evil yet comely art!
Sith we met for the evening pealing,
my spirit is vexed, yet this you ken,
because you've caused this damned fool's feeling,
Betrayed; is this the fate of all men?
I watch for her, alert and shy,
lest favourably I fall to her insipid love,
At length I wish I would die!
or otherwise fly to the serene above.
Inveigled into a love poignant and languished,
for ever yearning to see her aetherial wings,
to relish in her grandeur; a freedom relinquished,
enthralled for whilst voiceless she sings.
In fealty I lived to this queen and her demesne,
in reward I would hear her quire,
but under her spell I no longer remain,
maugre her being my heart's Desire.
Soren Valentine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Artlessly Deceptive by Soren Valentine )
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- A reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- Like Arrows In Quivers, Saiom Shriver
- The Monster, crystal ruth
- A.Blok, You are - the wild call.. - tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, As day so light... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, The Petersburg twilights..- tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)