Passively Tearing Me Asunder
As I love the summer's breeze, so too do I love you.
And as it lifts my eyes to the Azure of the Heavens,
you grasp my hand ever so tight.
Upon the fields and downs green you lead me to and fro,
to a shady glade hidden from the sun.
There you spread your leaven,
as your hand sinks into my skin, becoming apart of the water,
the ocean of things to come.
You've caged my heart, arming the door with immovable objects,
barring my veins from blood.
And I just know that I loved you, as you forced me to do for years,
but you just couldn't let me free. I tore myself from you,
as if tearing off my own flesh, and bled until I was reborn.
I truly loved you; you were the only person I cared for.
Eternities seemed to pass, yet I finally broke free.
But now you come with your seductive smile,
your eyes glowing with the light of a nebula,
your skin, the silk of Heaven,
your voice, the nectar of the gods,
your embrace, divine equilibrium.
I once loved a summer's breeze,
but now it only reminds me of your hair flowing.
I once loved the feel of grass on my feet,
but now it only reminds me of the days we'd lay in it.
I once loved the leaf-filtered sunlight,
but now it only reminds me of the days spent in the forest.
I once loved the waters of the earth,
but now they only remind me of your forsaken tears.
I once loved the the stars ancient,
but now they only remind of the soon-to-be bygone years.
I once loved you, O my friend,
but now you only remind me that you will never love me.
I once loved myself,
but now you're the only reflection I see.
Soren Valentine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Passively Tearing Me Asunder by Soren Valentine )
- A child's letter, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Hare and The Turtle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In the scream of the night, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Daddy are you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Parent's Beliefs Stink, Mr. Nobody
- As the summer ends., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Never say goodbye., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Bridge From The Other Side, Is It Poetry
- Car Wars, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Rumor has it., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)