A Second Salem
I can only sit here in the dark,
crying because I missed the mark;
locked and too lazy to reach for the key,
as cold and numb as one could be.
I try to be perfect,
but my life you must dissect,
and you can only make it worse,
leaving me trapped in your curse.
I don't know why you can't see,
that all you do is hurt me,
I don't know why I'm still here;
I'll be gone soon my dear.
Add more fuel to the fire,
you're the wood of a liar;
you sentence me for burning,
when you've caused the hurting.
You pretend to be a judge,
but you only harbor a grudge;
Shall I too fall and die,
because of a jealous child's lie?
Soren Valentine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Second Salem by Soren Valentine )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II