On top of that
What is the effect of temperature?
And that of magnetism?
And all these quarks
Waves and particles…
How about thoughts and health?
Power of thinking?
Mind and body!
Soul and heart!
Aufie Zophy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Genomics usurps millions of taxpayer's dollars looking for micro mutations of the healthy people. Hopes are high to unravel the secrets of DNA
And then there are the other sciences, each having high hopes to unravel the secrets of nature
I am quite sure that all high hopes may just end in the realisation
that the trillions of micro-variations of 'normal' will prove to be our richess and not our defects. We may come to the conclusion that all of us are very very unique human beings, with our own unique DNA, our own unique brain, our own unique mind. Something we knew already long before a single soul was talking about all the -'omics'
Physics and spirituality are getting closer and closer to each other.
This poem is a bit of a call to scientists. Let us not forget we are in the first place spiritual beings, created in such a way that each of us are unique in our talents and shortcomings.
Let us not forget that over and above this uniqueness, we have the common longing for happiness, that can only be fulfilled through selfless altruism, devotion and inward reflection.
As long as one person dies from unintended hunger in this world, dear scientists, we should really get our priorities right.
Comments about this poem (Y.... Spirit? by Aufie Zophy )
Did you read them?
- Side, Ruta Wuneh
- Unknown, Ruta Wuneh
- Bashfulness is the ornament for a youthf.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Yours, and only mine, Maya Tod
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
- Mindless Wind, Angry Brownbear
- Screams of Silence, Angry Brownbear
- Abode Aroma, Angry Brownbear
- Worth living, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1841 - 1896)
William Schwenck Gilbert
(1836 - 1911)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns