On top of that
What is the effect of temperature?
And that of magnetism?
And all these quarks
Waves and particles…
How about thoughts and health?
Power of thinking?
Mind and body!
Soul and heart!
Aufie Zophy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Genomics usurps millions of taxpayer's dollars looking for micro mutations of the healthy people. Hopes are high to unravel the secrets of DNA
And then there are the other sciences, each having high hopes to unravel the secrets of nature
I am quite sure that all high hopes may just end in the realisation
that the trillions of micro-variations of 'normal' will prove to be our richess and not our defects. We may come to the conclusion that all of us are very very unique human beings, with our own unique DNA, our own unique brain, our own unique mind. Something we knew already long before a single soul was talking about all the -'omics'
Physics and spirituality are getting closer and closer to each other.
This poem is a bit of a call to scientists. Let us not forget we are in the first place spiritual beings, created in such a way that each of us are unique in our talents and shortcomings.
Let us not forget that over and above this uniqueness, we have the common longing for happiness, that can only be fulfilled through selfless altruism, devotion and inward reflection.
As long as one person dies from unintended hunger in this world, dear scientists, we should really get our priorities right.
Comments about this poem (Y.... Spirit? by Aufie Zophy )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- He Is Producing One Child After Another .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Beach Glass, Raymond A. Foss
- eitihasik bhoolein, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Naat (Jo dilon ko fatha kar le wuhi fata.., Akhtar Jawad
- Ode to a Mood, David Podlipny
- bharat ki gareebi, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Real hell, Amitie Abedi
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael P. McParland
- NeverEnding Story Tanka, Chenou Liu
- A stranger, MOHAMMAD SKATI