Would Like To Go Away From Here
Why is this loneliness getting hold of me
Squeezing my mind to a dot?
Ugly voices shred my heart into pieces
Words are for me falling short;
I am beginning to love silence
As if it’s my sweet paramour;
The dancing of waves I loathe to see
Rather I would like to sleep on the shore;
The stars are fading in the horizon
The moon just a pale disk;
I jump no more into fiery activities
Have lost zeal to take any risk;
Clouds disturb my peace, howling
Loud from over my head;
I’m at peace with this cruel world
Though I look dejected and sad;
Is it you the reason
Whom I lost in the prime of my youth?
Or something else that I miss in life
I just can’t find out the truth.
I do not like you to come to me
And weep for missing me in your life
I do not have a heart big enough
To shelter you for much sorrow and strife
I wish this silence always remains with me
I do not like to sing, laugh, clap or dance;
Let me pour down all my thoughts on paper
Before, I go to sleep on other side of the fence.
Tiku akp's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Would Like To Go Away From Here by Tiku akp )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas