Why days are so deep and dark?
Why days are so deep and dark
And nights are lovely and bright?
What we lost? Where is the lark?
What game is on, why there a fright?
Why moon, looks like a highway-man
And stars stood like a silence observer?
Did heaven lose its heavenly sight? No,
Human lost the humanity; search, go..
What use of these eyes with lost vision!
Not humanity, we have to go for revision
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why days are so deep and dark? by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson
- Maybe there is a deep secret, Gert Strydom
- Final Training Flight, Keith Johnson
- The seat divine sees monarchy renew, Keith Johnson