'When Love Strikes'
On the sea shores…
looking forward to sail on more
Our body wrapped by moonlight, rocked
like tidal waves. Rushes gloominess, up and down…..
Hushed these united souls? ? ?
Under the blue sky…
no fear of a prying eye….
In the assembly of stars…
covers the journey of soul in our hearts.
Migrating from a beat to another
indulge in one another’s eye….
from love and care not to shy…
Save that moment in a box, like pirate’s trove…
As possessions packed by a traveler before we go….
We will spend life together, you say
And I... smile
like after rain the rainbow plays with sun rays
As they hit me so warmly
If that moment I blubber with joy…..
Pearls fall on my cheeks, wiped by you,
And I see you...crying too...
You kiss my lips…
I shudder to savor and greedily sip…
Come back o’ girl to reality…..
love isn’t eternal on a chariot of charity…….
Do not mingle your dreams with mine…
Written in sin, oh an unforgivable crime.
What should a man do with his woe?
if healer of your distress become a cruel foe…?
But when love calls silently
the heart still wants more
Farah Ilyas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('When Love Strikes' by Farah Ilyas )
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)