Little King of Sorrows
Vow of Adoration
Adoration from afar,
for a dimly lit and distant star,
I wish upon thee peace of mind,
When reason to shine is hard to find.
A vow I made not long ago,
before your comfort left you so,
I still keep it locked deep inside,
This love for you has never died.
In many ways we can express,
Sometimes its taken to excess,
I need no touch to set me free,
My dearest friend I cannot not see.
For I still care when you are gone,
I pray for you at every dawn,
A secret pain I lock within,
Hidden by my clownish grin.
Forgotten not, it still holds true,
The very words I said to you.
Within the change of every season,
these moments happen for a reason.
Hate me if it gives you strength,
I will not dwell on it in length,
I know the pain you feel inside,
I felt it too when my own died.
Despair will eat the soul alive,
but keep on trying to survive,
for you inspire a world unseen,
we pray you wash your spirit clean.
I dare not speak direct to you,
it's the hardest thing I'll ever do,
but shall you find these words someday,
in my heart you'll always stay.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vow of Adoration by Little King of Sorrows )
- THOUSAND MOONS, Satish Verma
- Where Larkspur Have The Purple Winds Gat.., mary douglas
- Rising For Another Day, Michael McParland
- The head, gajanan mishra
- Tobacco use, hasmukh amathalal
- Mystery of love, Chiazo Egbukwu
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)