Little King of Sorrows
Vow of Adoration
Adoration from afar,
for a dimly lit and distant star,
I wish upon thee peace of mind,
When reason to shine is hard to find.
A vow I made not long ago,
before your comfort left you so,
I still keep it locked deep inside,
This love for you has never died.
In many ways we can express,
Sometimes its taken to excess,
I need no touch to set me free,
My dearest friend I cannot not see.
For I still care when you are gone,
I pray for you at every dawn,
A secret pain I lock within,
Hidden by my clownish grin.
Forgotten not, it still holds true,
The very words I said to you.
Within the change of every season,
these moments happen for a reason.
Hate me if it gives you strength,
I will not dwell on it in length,
I know the pain you feel inside,
I felt it too when my own died.
Despair will eat the soul alive,
but keep on trying to survive,
for you inspire a world unseen,
we pray you wash your spirit clean.
I dare not speak direct to you,
it's the hardest thing I'll ever do,
but shall you find these words someday,
in my heart you'll always stay.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vow of Adoration by Little King of Sorrows )
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(15 April 1958)
(3rd April 19sixty)